Monday, June 12, 2017

June 12, 2017 - Let's Get Better!

I regularly have seen players over the years that fell way short of their potential… some due to lack of discipline in training… yet more due to lack of willingness to humble themselves and listen to instruction. Great players are greatly coachable!
 
I was reminded of this truth throughout this week as I am in the Dominican Republic with a group of 17 graduates (plus a couple other leaders.) I have been thrilled with the incredible hard work these young adults have done; I have been thrilled with the lack of complaining/whining they have done; I have been thrilled with seeing them love on the kids in this community; I have been thrilled as they have shared their testimonies at rallies; I have been thrilled…
 
Ye the thing that gives me the most encouragement for their futures is the coachability I have seen. I have been able to pull individuals to the side and point out different ways to do things or different ways to view things and each individual has responded with a desire to “get better”!
 
Do you desire to “get better”? is there a coach/mentor/leader in your life that you receive instruction from? Let me encourage you to be coachable if you want to grow… otherwise you are… well we will let the Proverbs tell us:
 
Proverbs 12:15 The way of the fool is right in his own eyes, but he who heeds counsel is wise.
(Another great verse in Proverbs 12 that says it directly [like a coach would] is 12:1)
 
Let’s get better!!!

No comments: