Monday, June 26, 2017

June 26, 2017 - Get Back Up!


“If you are not making mistakes, then you are not doing anything. I’m positive that a doer makes mistakes.” John Wooden

 
When I am training/coaching I hate hearing the answer “I can’t” when I give a new skill to work on; usually it involves doing something with the weak hand or in a way that is new… To which I typically respond, “And that’s why we are working on it! Try saying. ‘I will!’” But the reality is that no matter how much work we put in, as long as we are active we will at times falter.

Today I read a friend’s post on Facebook that stated that a hypocrite is someone who tries to appear to be something he is not, not someone who believes something and fails to live up to it. (Thanks Donna Evans)

Believer, not sure where you are at in your walk, but the secret is to keep on keeping on… Proverbs 24:16 states, “For a righteous man may fall seven times and rise again, but the wicked shall fall by calamity.”

You’re “positional (legal)” standing of righteousness is found 100% in Christ and the great exchange that took place at your salvation where He took your sin and gave you His righteousness… now the Judge is appeased! (2 Corinthians 5:21)

You’re “practical” standing of righteousness is founded in your willingness to “get back up” when you fall! It is found in “the sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, a broken and contrite heart…” (Psalm 51:17)

How does this go back to the player that says, “I can’t.” The problem for the player is one of pride! The player doesn’t want to be seen failing… Yet when a player is willing to throw away pride and simply keep “getting back up” in his attempt, he will see great progress.

So let’s revisit Psalm 51:16-17 in a paraphrase from The Message Bible: “Going through the motions doesn’t please you, a flawless performance is nothing to you. I Learned God-worship when my pride was shattered. Heart-shattered lives ready for love don’t for a moment escape God’s notice.”

This week let me encourage you to not stay in a feeling of defeat, uselessness, or despair… or even in a feeling of hypocrisy… instead push forward living in Christ’s victory! And if you fall… GET BACK UP!

No comments: